Thanks! Share it with your friends!
You disliked this video. Thanks for the feedback!
10 Most Powerful Special Forces In The World
10 Most Powerful Special Forces In The World
► Subscribe: https://goo.gl/gYLyzW
For copyright matters please contact us at: [email protected]
We sometimes live in a dangerous world, where unexpected things can happen, such as a terrorist attack, or a hostage situation, that standard military or police are not trained or equipped to handle. That is when special forces are called in. These highly trained police and soldiers go through some of the most brutal physical and mental training known to exist.
These powerful special forces units are trained in many arenas such as counter-terrorism, covert ops, hostage rescue, high-value targets/manhunting, and much more. Join us as we take a look at 10 Most Powerful Special Forces.
Want to get notified when we release the next video? Then click on the subscribe button. Also, don’t forget to like, comment, and share.
10. SSG - Pakistan – This special forces of the Pakistan Navy called the Special Services Group or SSG Pak, was first formed in 1956, and was the combination of two Pakistani regiments; the 19 Baluch and the 312 Garrison Company. Training and tactics of this newly formed Special Services Group were based on US Special Forces methods.
9. MARCOS – India – The name designation of this elite Indian Navy Special Forces unit is short for Marine Commandos. Their specialty includes special operations such as underwater warfare, special reconnaissance, counter-terrorism, and other unconventional warfare. It is hotly contested that the MARCOS are one of the best special forces in the world.
8. GIS – Italy – The Gruppo di Intervento Speciale, or the ‘Special Intervention Group from Italy, is an elite airborne special operations counter-terrorism tactical response unit. It is part of the Italian Carabinieri military police, and was first formed in 1977. In 2004 the GIS officially became a Special Forces Unit. The Italian Republic uses this special GIS unit to save hostages, and to assure the protection of Italian interests in dangerous places.
7. GIGN – France – The National Gendarmerie Intervention Group is an elite Police Tactical Unit. Their missions include counter-terrorism, hostage rescue, surveillance of national threats and protection of government officials. The GIGN as a component of the French Armed Forces, can operate anywhere in the world. Many of its missions are secret, and members are not allowed to be publicly photographed.
6. EKO Cobra – Austria – The EKO Cobra are an elite Police Tactical Unit of the Austrian Federal Ministry of the Interior. The EKO Cobra is not part of the Austrian Federal Police, but directly under the control of the Federal Ministry of the Interior. The EKO Cobra were originally formed in 1978 by the regional police authority of Lower Austria to protect East European Jews during their migration from Austria to Israel against terrorist threats.
5. GSG 9- Germany – The GSG 9 was created shortly after a terrorist attack in Munich which happened in September 5th, 1972. The Palestinian terrorist organization called ‘Black September’ was on a mission to kidnap 11 Israeli athletes.
4. JW GROM –Poland – The JW GROM is Poland’s finest counter-terrorism unit and was officially activated on July 13th, 1990. It was originally modelled on NATO's most reputable special operations units such as the US Army's Delta Force, the US Navy's SEAL Team Six, and the British Army's SAS. GROM, which means ‘thunder’ is one of five special operations forces of the Polish Armed Forces.
3. Sayeret Matkal – Israel – The Sayeret Matkal is a special forces unit of the Israeli Defense Forces and was modeled after the British Army’s Special Air Service, and became active in 1957. In 1954 Israel's first special operations unit, ‘Unit 101’ which was commanded by ex-prime minister Ariel Sharon, was disbanded following the outcry provoked by the Qibya massacre in which sixty-nine Palestinian villagers were killed with two-thirds of them being women and children.
2. Delta Force –USA – Delta Force also known as "The Unit", are an elite special mission unit of the United States Army, under operational control of the Joint Special Operations Command. The unit is tasked with specialized missions primarily involving hostage rescue and counterterrorism, as well as direct action and special reconnaissance against high-value targets.
1. SAS British Special Forces - The Special Air Service or SAS, is a special forces unit of the British Army that was founded in 1941. The highly trained unit undertakes a number of roles including covert reconnaissance, counter-terrorism, direct action and hostage rescue.